Macduff Medical Practice will undertake the management of Deveron Medical Practice as of 1 May 2019.
Please see attached Questions & Answers sheet with regard to any queries you may have.
Deveron Medical Practice Appointment System
Patients requesting a GP appointment:-
- will be asked by the reception staff for a brief description of the symptoms
- an appointment with the appropriate member of the clinical team will be offered if available
- this may not be a GP it could be our Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Emergency Care Practitioner or the Practice Pharmacist
- Patients who are unwilling to inform the receptionist of their symptoms will be given a telephone triage appointment with one of clinical Practitioners who will call back for further information and will make the decision on the most appropriate appointment.
Patients presenting with emergency symptoms will be seen on the day
Types of appointments available:-
- Book in advance – Next Day, Book that Week, Book 1 week in advance and Book 2 weeks in advance
- Appointments are released each day of the week for the above, therefore no reason for everyone to call on a Monday morning
The practice is unable to offer too far in advance booking of appointments due to patients not attending these appointments.
There are many other services available locally -
Casualty - injury within 48 hours
Optician - any eye problem - better equipment referral to eye A&E
Pharmacist - Minor Ailments services/advice
(Site updated 28/01/2019)